When receiving a toy, children often go through 3 stages:
– Stage 1: Pay attention and show interest
– Stage 2: Actively participate and explore but always seek to communicate with you by gestures, eyes or words.
– Stage 3: Children will play and explore toys themselves
A toy that helps children smart when they go through stage 2, at this time many brain connections develop. Many children just noticed at stage 1 but you don’t create space to explore or play alone. Your baby will tend to move quickly through stage 3, the links needed to create analysis, evaluation and comparison do not take place.
Many parents look to buy toys with smart technology or games, programs to help children develop intelligence, read words, learn math. However, the smart level of toys is not in technology. Toys must be suitable for young age to promote this ability.
Here are 4 clever levels of toys mentioned by the British Royal Institute of Pediatrics: Level 1: “I have an attractive face”
Attracting a child is difficult, but they often follow principles such as:
– Age under 6 months: Children like simple, round, square structure objects, do not need complicated corners and details. Colors to use are yellow, red, blue, black or white.
– Age 6-12 months: Toys are nearly the same for ages under 6 months, but there are more cries when squeezing, wheels can roll or pull, combine 2-3 different materials
– Age 1-4 years: Toys start to have a body shape that reflects almost like real life objects. Baby activities often associated with these toys are: Exploring the structure (removing, beating two things together); explore space (drop / throw toys), explore emotions through role-playing games (play goods, play mother and daughter with teddy bears). .